Friday, August 7, 2015

Possessive Friend

Q: Dear Red, I have this friend, and she's always trying to run my life. She always tells me what to do, and how and when to do it. I'm not allowed to do anything without her permission, and unless she agrees. Like, I wanted to apply for a job, and she said not until she knew she got the job first. She wouldn't even tell me where to apply until she got accepted!! It's like she pretty much tells me "you can't have anything that I can't get before you." How do I cope?

A: Dear "Possessive Friend" I know the feels!! I have a friend EXACTLY like that. Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to just reconsider why you're friends. You don't need to have somebody constantly pushing you around and messing with you as if you're some toy. Because you're a person who deserves soooo much better! I want you to consider your worth, do you really think you're time and emotional energy is worth all the aggravation and crushed feelings this "friend" leaves you with? I honestly believe you could have such better friends. Evaluate why you even became friends in the first place. Did you have something in common? Did they help you at some point? Did you go through something together? If you can't find something that strongly shows that your friendship had a solid start, cut your losses. Or create a pros and cons list about this person, and your friendship. Then evaluate which side is stronger. Don't ever settle for anything less that you deserve okay? You're an amazing and a very good person. You don't need to stoop to such low levels to have friends.  Hopefully this helps!! xx
~RedBlueGirl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment