Saturday, August 15, 2015

How Do I Cope?

Q: Dear Red, recently, my grandfather had been in and out of the hospital. He was very, very, sick, and it made me upset to see him the way he was. A few days ago, he passed away. He was closer to me than any other person had ever been, or ever would be. I find myself not able to enjoy family things, or life in general as much as I did when he was around.. How do you cope with losing a family member?
A: Dear "How Do I Cope" Awh... I'm really sorry about your loss.. I really understand how you feel. Last year, my grandmother passed away to cancer, which she had been fighting long and hard. I know it may seem very difficult to adapt to life without your grandfather. But (as painful as it may seem) life is going to go on. People are born, people grow, people pass away. Some sooner than others, but it happens. I want you to continue to think happy thoughts, and make the best of each and every day that comes. Look at the glass half full, much rather than empty. You'll also eventually find somebody who you will grow just as close to as you were with your grandfather, just try and be a little more open with people. xoxo
 ~RedBlueGirl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment